Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bunny Notes

Anyone that reads regularly knows I don't sew. Maybe in the future we will change that. I bought a sewing machine and have been tinkering.

Today I tinkered these little bunnies.

They have goofy long ears and a little pocket on the back.

I used muslin.


Here is my pattern. My bunnies measured 5" wide x 9 1/4" tall pre-sew. For the pocket you will just need a piece 5" x about 3 1/2".

Sew on a bunny face to the right side. Cut felt pieces and stitch on with embroidery floss. Simple and I like the way it looks.

Hem the top portion of the pocket piece. Fold down 1/4" and press. Do it again. That gives you a nice clean hem. Sew it up.

Now it's time to put it all together.

Place your pocket on your bunnies back piece. Place it the way you want it to look when it's complete, so, right side of bunny to back side of pocket. Then place the bunnies front piece(with the face) on top of that, face side/right side in. Pin it all together and sew it up not forgetting to leave an opening for turning and stuffing.
It will look like this.

For the fabric to lay pretty make small cuts in the corners. Be careful not to cut your seam but get pretty close.

Turn your bunny right side out. A chop stick works super for turning those bunny ears right side out.

Stuff him! Use the chop stick for poking stuffing into the long ears. When he's all stuffed and your happy with his poofy-ness stitch up the opening by hand.

Ahhhhhh little bunnies for leaving little

bunny notes.

These little guys serve no purpose other than looking cute and holding a little message or maybe a gift card!

I'll be sharing my bunnies HERE.
Share

12 comments:

ThatGirl in Tattoos said...

are you kidding me?? for someone who doesn't sew, that's awesome!

Laina said...

They're adorable!

Mlissabeth said...

You do too sew! These bunnies are sew cute (pun intended)!!

Robyn said...

What a perfect idea and just at the right time too. I'm on my way out soon to buy something for the kinder Easter raffle, but this is a MUCH better idea! Thanks!!

Connie @ Measured by the Heart said...

Hi,
i found you from the follow along party at making the world cuter and I am now following you! Please follow me too. Here is a link to my post with all my info. Thanks
http://measuredbytheheart.blogspot.com/2011/03/its-follow-along-party.html?m=0

Jingle said...

These are absolutely ADORABLE! I might just have to make a couple!

Haley said...

I just fell in love! What a sweet idea! This may replace Easter baskets full of awful candy in my house!!!

Heather said...

Those are sooooo cute!! What a great replacement for an easter basket!

Gabby @ The...Late, Young Family said...

Well that's pretty good for just tinkering. Adorable! Found your post at Tatertots and Jello!

Heather Ozee said...

This is an adorable project. A sewing project that, maybe even I can tackle ;)

Anzouya said...

These are great! I'd love to try and make them one of these days! I'll send you a link.
Thanks for sharing! :-)

Rachel at Sun Scholars said...

I love these! How adorable!!! I'd love to have you share this at my For the Kids Friday link party! Come join the fun!

http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/03/for-kids-friday-5.html