Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fluffy Cupcake Topper

Easy cupcake topper.

8 oz Cool Whip
1 small instant pudding mix
1 cup milk

Mix pudding and milk together, beat until smooth. Fold in cool whip. That's it. Your done.


The possibilities are great. With all the different pudding flavors and good stuff you can add in(fruit, chocolate chips, crushed cookies, and so on) your cupcakes will always be yummy.

The black and white cupcakes are just boxed chocolate and white mixes poured into the liner at the same time. Yummmm

Tips:

1. The chocolate is my favorite.
2. Works well with a pastry bag for a pretty presentation.
3. For a thicker icing use less milk.
4. Use fresh whipping cream in the place of Cool Whip.
5. We iced as we ate, I wouldn't be comfortable having it set out for to long.
6. We also ate it as a fruit dip with grapes and strawberries!

I'll be linking HERE.




Share

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love this simple idea. Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try it out with my kids.
Jennifer

littlewondersdays said...

Oh MY GOODNESS, these cupcakes look amazing! I'm definitely going to put these on my lists of must try soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'll stop back tomorrow to see your features!

Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree said...

Yum! This looks great! I need to post a chocolate muffin on my site! Thanks for stopping by my blog and featuring my shamrock apple print post!

Jan at Jewelry4Change said...

I'm not a fan of regular frosting, but I would love this! I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Tanyia said...

This is actually delicious, I love it because it isnt too sweet. I make a mandarin cake with crushed pineapple and vanilla pudding in the coolwhip for the frosting. Great for summers because it is not too heavy, ya know?


I am stopping by from Sumo's Market Yourself Monday, I would love if you stopped by and checked out my project :) http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com/2011/03/digital-hybrid-flower-pomander.html

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Yum! These look so wonderful! Now I am craving cupcakes with heaps of yummy icing.

Charmaine said...

Oooh, I like this idea. I'm guessing its like "Angel Delight" that we have in the UK. Now my mouth's watering...

Dear Abbi said...

Mmmm, looks yummy!

Donna H. said...

Hey! Saw your post on Tip Junkie. I'm bookmarking this idea b/c I often find icing to be too sweet, but love the pudding/cool whip idea! Thanks!

Marriah said...

OMG those look amazing! I love making cupcakes also. Check out what we made yesterday. Honey cupcakes! http://mylifeunzipped.blogspot.com/2011/03/honeycup.html