Monday, March 7, 2011

Game Table

I'm wrapping up the boy's room make over.

The make over included re-working the train table

into a game table.

This table has seen lots of play. The boys just don't play trains like they used to though. Here it is after a light sanding with medium grit sandpaper.

1. After making sure all the sanding dust was wiped off I gave it two coats of Zinsser Bulls Eye Water Based Primer.

2. After drying over night I gave it two coats of Valspar Semi-gloss Fresh Parsley(same as the tree top on the wall). If you are doing something small Valspar has awesome little 7.2oz. samples!

3. Last, I measured the total length of my table top and decided I wanted 15" squares. I taped those off with blue painter's tape and brushed on two coats of black chalk board paint.

The table is perfect for storage,

tic tac toe,

mini foosball & air hockey, puzzles, and what ever else they can dream up.

Two more projects to go and this room will be complete.

I'll be sharing HERE.

Today's Creative BlogTip Junkie handmade projects



Jen-CraftOManiac said...

FABULOUS, LOVE THIS. Great job, and what fun too! WINKS-JEN

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

This is really fantastic! I have an 8 year old little boy that needs his train table redone like this. I've contemplated doing it but just haven't made it a priority. I will be now that I've seen yours. Great jo

Julia said...

Love the train table makeover is fabulous! Great idea


Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

Great job!! I love your new game table!

Jeanna said...

This is so great! I would love to do this...

Jeanna @

Jamie Rubeis said...

Oh...what an awesome fix! I wish I thought of things like that more often.

Humble Homemaker said...

What a fab project and an awesome transformation! I love how it came out. Awesome work. :)
Humble Homemaking

Jamie said...

What a fun table. I'm a new follower. Hope to see you at DIY Home Sweet Home

Stephanie Smith said...

I think I need to make my kids a chalk table now.

Anji* said...

Love what you did with that table! and I bet your boys will get many more years of happy play out of it now!

AllieMakes! said...

That is fabulous! Love that the table has storage!!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!

Rachel at Sun Scholars said...

That is so fun!!! I love it!

I'd love to have you link up to my For the Kids Friday Link Party! Stop on by!

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

Great idea! Way to repurpose the old train table! I bet they will enjoy it for even more years to come! :) ~M

Jennifer said...

What a great idea!!! It looks really adorable too which is always a plus =) Sometimes play tables can look kind of tacky but this is so chic and fun and functional!!!! fabulous job dear! love it!

Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Bella said...

Hey Jo, I totally love the green color, along with the chalkboard, and the squares are awesome. How fun!

I loved it so much......
I just HAD to FEATURE YOU, come grab a button and display it proudly!!
Thanks for linking up to Bella Before and After , and if you are a sz8.5, and love cute shoes, come enter to win a pair of BCBGirls Hipster sandals ....GIVEAWAY HERE,I LOVE having you.
Bella :) said...

No reason to get rid of a perfectly good table!
it's great!

SAS Interiors said...

Hi Jo-
I love this project and selected it as one of my features for Saturday Spotlight. Great creative! Please grab the "I've been featured" button on the right side bar. Thanks again for linking up!

~Jenna, SAS Interiors

HOMEmomMADE said...

wow love this, multi purpose is the word!!

Feel free to stop by and link up to my Make & Share 1st edition Fridays if you like.

~ Christy