Sunday, March 13, 2011

Potato Soup

I have been a little under the weather and we all know what that means.....

Comfort food!

Potato Soup and Beer Bread

3-4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
2-3 cups of water(eye ball it)
onion, chopped(eye ball this based on your onion taste)
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or garlic seasoning(salt free)
1 1/2 cups whole milk

1. Place potatoes and water in a large pan, cook over medium heat until tender.

2. In another pan saute the chopped onions in the butter until tender.

3. To the onion pan add in the seasonings and flour, stir well. Gradually add in the milk. Bring the onions, seasoning, and milk to a gradual boil and stir for a few minutes until it starts to thicken.

4. Add it all together! I pour the milk and onion mixture into the potato pan since it's larger. Stir well and heat through for a few more minutes.

It makes my tummy happy.

The beer bread recipe is HERE. 3 ingredients and an hour in the oven for bread that is oh so good smeared with butter.

Feed a cold carbs, right?!

I'll be sharing HERE.
Share

5 comments:

BEACH BUNGALOW said...

Yum! This looks delicious; comfort food is my favourite; specially soup!

Sue @ Beach Bungalow
xo

Dani @ Drops in the Bucket said...

this may be a silly question, but I wanna try this for lunch today so I figured I better be clear...do I drain the water from the potatoes before adding the milk mixture?

can't wait to try it, yummers!

-dani

Lexi said...

Oh I love potato soup and beer bread. I will definitely be trying this tomorrow! Thank you for sharing!!

Elle Belles Bows said...

You just made me really hungry! YUM!

Kerri

Holly said...

Not sure where to begin...I love it all. What a couple of great recipes!