Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cake Mix Cookies aka Wookies

You are going to love this.......

Cake mix cookies baked in the waffle maker.

A few weeks ago I made cake batter bark. That little project only used a small portion of the yellow cake mix. What to do? What to do? Make cookies.

Cake Mix Cookies aka Wookies

1 cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup oil
2 tablespoons water

Mix it all up

Drop spoon fulls onto a greased(I use Pam) waffle iron.

Cook for 90 seconds.

They will be soft right when you take them off but get more cookie like after they cool.

We sampled. The boys declared that I was the best chef in the world. Thank you, thank you very much. They, then decided we should call the cookie/waffles Wookies.

We took it up a notch by smearing them with cream cheese frosting and dropping on a few sprinkles.

These would be oh so great with maple butter cream frosting, chocolate chips, or any kind of cake mix. I can't wait to try chocolate!

I'll be sharing my wookies HERE and

Share

9 comments:

Tru@TRU TALES FEATS said...

Visiting from Tickled Pink Party. That's interesting. I never thought of using a waffle iron for cookies.

The Gunny Sack said...

How fun! What a great idea. I have made cake mix cookies but never thought of putting them in the waffle iron.

Lindsey @ Inspiring Creations said...

What a great idea! These look really good!

Would love for you to join my linky party! http://www.inspiringcreationsblog.com/2011/04/friday-favorites-linky-party_21.html

Amanda said...

I'm going to have to try this, sounds good!

Megan said...

these sound delicious. so inventive!

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

gail said...

cool! I made something similar when my daughter was small. With leftover cake mix, I would fry them like pancakes, then roll them with powdered sugar. We called them JamieCakes (my daughter's nickname as a child)
"catching" you this week,
gail

I Play Outside The Box said...

I saw your Wookies over at Gail's...what a neat idea...and fast to make. I sent the link to my sister...she loves making goodies from a mix. TFS

Rhinestone Beagle said...

Oh yeah , I am not even going to lie....I am so stealing this idea. No. 1, it uses cake mix, No. 2, it uses the waffle iron, No. 3, SPRINKLES!!!! This is yummy and easy, love it. Thank you so much for posting at the beagle.

RedTedArt said...

Oh my, these look SCRUMMY!!!! mmmmh. We will have to have a go!

Thanks for linking up to Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy