Monday, April 4, 2011

Chocolate Makes Everything Better!

Never buy pre-packaged chocolate syrup again!

1 cup of cocoa
1 1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cup sugar
dash of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla

1. In a sauce pan over medium heat bring the water, cocoa, salt, and sugar to a simmer.

2. Simmer and stir constantly for 3 minutes.

3. Remove from heat and add vanilla.

4. Let cool. Store in the fridge.

Then have a tall glass of chocolate milk.

Even better, a scoop of vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce!

There are variations with sugar substitutes, and longer cooking times for a thicker sauce. Give it a shot! It's oh so yummy.

I'll be sharing HERE.



The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Mmmmmmmmmm. Exactly right! Great recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree said...

So true! One reason the name of my blog has the word chocolate in it!!!! LOL

Trisha said...

So easy! I love this :) Yummmm

Z Joya said...


Krista said...

That looks mighty, mighty tasty. Gonna put this one in the file for as-soon-as-I-shed-the-rest-of-this-baby weight!

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

YUM! Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa said...

I love your picture with the sauce in the jar! So pretty! I am visiting from fun with food friday linky party!

Jenn said...

This would make a great gift (to me)!

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

Chocolate really DOES make everything better.

I'd love to have you share this recipe on my weekly link up, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there.

Susan Evans said...

Chocolate is always yummy...