Friday, April 8, 2011

A Sweet Easter Treat

Ahhhhh what is better than cake batter?

Cake batter bark with sprinkles.

7oz semi sweet chocolate
14oz white chocolate
2 heaping tablespoons sifted yellow cake batter
sprinkles

1. Melt the dark chocolate according to package directions. Once melted spread it over a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 10-20 minutes.

2. Melt your white chocolate according to package directions. Once melted stir in the sifted cake batter. Stir, stir, stir.

3. Pour the melted white over the hardened dark chocolate and spread with spatula working quickly. Top with sprinkles, lots of them. Place in freezer for an additional 20 minutes.

4. Once it has hardened break into small pieces.

Now for the delivery.......


Cute little french fry holders for your cake batter bark.

Right click, save, and print the template. Cut it out of poster board and use it as your pattern. Trace on cute scrap book paper. Paper that is a little thicker works best. Double sided paper would look even better!



I use a ruler to help with making straight folds. Glue the sides together with glue stick.

Fill em with goodies!
Oh so cute,

and simple.


The bark will certainly satisfy the sweetest of sweet teeth!

I'll be sharing HERE.

Designer Garden
Share

18 comments:

Jodi said...

Yum, I have never heard of it w/ a cake mix, I will have to try it and it looks so cute!

Jodi

Lori@KitchenFunk said...

This is a GREAT idea for an Easter treat! I'm going to have to do this, with the adorable packaging, for my work buddies. So cute!

Yours Truly said...

Wow - SO cute!

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

Wow...you packaged that so beautifully....YUM! :)

Elle Belles Bows said...

That sounds so good and will definitely give it a try! Love the packaging!

Kerri

Sommer said...

Oh this would be incredible for a birthday treat bag! Thanks for sharing. I would be thrilled to have you share this at my VIP party this weekend =) http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/04/vip-party-10.html

Trisha said...

Yummy! & I love the little holders for it too :)

thelifeofthepartyco said...

It looks so yummy! And I love the pastel sprinkles that you used. The french fry packaging is very cute!

Charcoal and crayons said...

Sounds so good! Never heard of using cake mix in bark - awesome! I love the paper holders too!

Heather Ozee said...

Brilliant! I love the french fry holder. You're one smart cookie!

Jessica said...

Now I have seen it all....what an adorable idea for a treat box. Love it!
TFS
Jessica

Tanya said...

Nothing better than the smell and taste of cake batter....YUM! I'm gonna have to try this =)

Erin Fickert-Rowland said...

Oh my goodness... this looks dangerous! Think I absolutely must make this with the kids! Thanks!

Kaye said...

BRILLIANT! Thanks for the idea!

Krafty Kat said...

This is a new one on me! You just add some dry cake mix? Can't wait to try it!

Elizabeth said...

This sounds amazing! What a great idea. Whoever who gets these as a gift is very lucky!

Sky @ Capital B said...

Oh my yummy and cute! Love the box template and the idea of cake batter bark! Will absolutely be trying this!! I'm a new follower- what fun to do a link party just for kids stuff! :) Hope to keep in touch with you from here :)

Scrappy Gifts said...

What a great gift. Those fry boxes are addicting to make =D
Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays!