Tuesday, April 12, 2011

T-Shirt Flowers

Fun stuff to do with old t-shirts #1.

I get a charge out of re purposing things. We made old t-shirt rosettes awhile back. Today.....

we made flowers for our hair!

1. Cut a 1" strip from a t-shirt. I just lay it out and cut across the bottom of the shirt(2 layers).

2. Cut at the seam so you have one long 1" strip.

3. Run a basic stitch along one side. Pull on one of the threads to scrunch the fabric and make a ruffle, like above.


4. Roll up your ruffle like so. Above is the bottom side.

Top side, flower. You can trim with scissors if your flower doesn't make you completely happy. Trim until you are!

5. With liquid stitch add a dot at the end of the roll.

6. With plenty of liquid stitch, finish off the bottom by adding a circle of fabric. Use more of the t-shirt or what ever you have handy to cut out a circle. Blob on lots of glue, add your circle, let it dry. That will give your flower stability and a nice flat surface to attach to what ever you like. In this case a hair elastic.

Cute, eh?

This could be used so many ways and made with just about any fabric.

I'll be sharing HERE and look for more "fun stuff to do with old t-shirts" posts soon.


Share

5 comments:

Alicia @ littlesprinklesoffun said...

I LOVE cute, easy, repurposed, free crafts! What could be better! :)

Jaderbomb said...

OMG! This is so cute!! I am your newest follower!!!! Come check out my blog and follow me so we can stay in touch with each other!!!!

http://jaderbombs.blogspot.com/

Defiant Princess said...

wow! such a cute little thing to make :)

Last Minute Mel said...

Love this, and you can use old tshirts...great idea :)

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

Thanks, Jo! I saw these earlier in the week...so cute!! I'm going to try and post tomorrow a cute kids science idea on your Friday link....growing seeds in a baseball trading card holder. I saw it in Family Fun and we planted today. :)