Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Glitter Shakers

If you have elementary age kids chances are you know next week is Teacher Appreciation Week. If you don't know, it is May 2-6 with Tuesday the 3rd being actual Teacher Appreciation Day.

We will be giving these as a small token of our appreciation. After all, they have to put up with my kid 5 days a week. They deserve much more.

So cute and simple to make.

Glitter shakers
Cute ribbon(I like wired for big bows)
Scrap book paper
Glue

I didn't want the label to show so I covered it with a strip of scrap book paper. I ran a thin line of hot glue at the ends to secure the new label.


I printed the saying on the back side of coordinating scrap book paper. Cute on both sides! Then finished it off with a big bow.

They are an inexpensive yet creative way to send your teachers a little love.

I'll be sharing HERE.

The Blackberry Vine
Share

14 comments:

Christy said...

I LOVE this idea! So cute! I will have to make a few for next week as well.

www.christyscuties.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

CUTE!!! Love them!
Jen

Michelle said...

Adorable!!!

Alicia @ littlesprinklesoffun said...

So cute! I am a Kindergarten teacher and this is a really fun gift! Always need glitter!!! :)

Calling All Sleepyheads said...

Love all your creative ideas! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check out my post @http://sleepyheaddesignsstudio.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-first-award.html

Staci J said...

This is such a great idea! Just wanted to let ya know I featured this on my blog today!
http://justsewsassy.com/2011/04/29/feature-friday-teacher-appreciation-gifts/

lauren@warmandfuzzy said...

This is such a great idea. I am a teacher and have never recieved such a clever gift. Hope I get some next week! Adorable!!

lauren
www.warmfuzzypurpleandgold.blogspot.com

Sky @ Capital B said...

Very clever and fun! You've gotten some great feedback from actual teachers- I'd say this is a hit!

Jami said...

What a terrific idea! We're in teacher appreciation mode here, too.
The Pretty Packages Party is going on now. I'd love for you to stop by and share your great teacher gift idea.

http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/04/pretty-packages-party-9.html

Smiles!
Jami

Nikki ~ Let's Craft!! said...

Hey there I am your newest follower! Hope you stop by to see me. Your blog is way too cute!! I am totally doing this THIS week!!

http://bestpartofbelieveis.blogspot.com/
&
http://nikkisniknacks.blogspot.com/

~Nikki

Felicia said...

As an art teacher, I love this! Perfect!

Would love for you to share at Calling All Crafters!
http://allthingsfee.blogspot.com/2011/05/calling-all-crafters-5th-edition.html

Debra said...

What a cute, cute idea! Thanks for sharing.

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, friend! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

Heather said...

My son's teacher would probably love this! What a fun idea!