Tuesday, May 17, 2011

In Case You Have Forgotten......

Forgotten how easy and yummy no-bake cookies are, I am here to remind you.

Best No-Bake Cookies

1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick cooking oats
2 teaspoons vanilla

In a sauce pan add butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa. Bring all that chocolatey goodness to a rolling boil, continue to let that boil for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.

Remove from heat.

Add in oats, peanut butter. and vanilla.

Stir, stir, stir.

Drop spoonfuls on to wax paper. After I have dropped them all I smoosh them down with a spatula for a more cookie like appearance.

Lick the bowl.

Let the cookies cool before you dive in.

I'll be reminding you of this recipe at THESE link parties.




Now for a little rif raf:

Last Friday Blogger was having issues of some sort. Therefor Fun For Kids Friday was up for a short time then it was removed by the powers that be. I am sorry for the goof. It reappeared on Monday after the link list was closed. Sooooo, FFKF will be up and running this Friday and let's make it awesome!

Thank you! Thank you!
Share

10 comments:

Laura said...

I LOVE those cookies!! Thanks for reminding me about them.

Laura @ ComeTogetherKids

Angelyn said...

I love these cookies, but there are so many different variations of this recipe, and whenever I try they never harden and just remain all mushy! I'll have to try your version, wish me luck!

Julie Bagamary said...

Good reminder...maybe making some after lunch.

Em and Lib said...

PERFECT recipe for my kids to make!
Blessings!
LIB
http://bit.ly/jiAvHM

Ty and Whitty said...

Oh my heck! i love these but can't find my recipe. thank you so much for sharing. I pinned it so I will never lose it. I am visiting from someday crafts linky party. Come and say hi. I am having a really fun giveaway next week. :)

A mommy's Life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Huggs and Kisses xo said...

I LOVE no bake cookies...I haven't made them in forever...but will be making them now! I had to showcase these on my blog with props back to you. Thanks for sharing...and I'm also a new follower!!

johanna xo
over @ Huggs and Kisses xo

http://huggsandkissesxo.blogspot.com/2011/05/cookies-are-for-any-occassion.html

Natural Momma said...

So... I love to stalk your blog just for all these recipes.

<3 THANK YOU! <3

Heather @ Catfish Kisses said...

Thanks for the reminder! I just might have to make these over the weekend. Yum!

Visiting from Paisley Passions! :)

LocalFunForKids said...

Hi Jo : ) I was actually just thinking about no-bake cookies and these look awesome. This week's linky definitely made up for last week ; ) 100 strong!

merrie said...

I just found your blog & LOVE it! My daughters & I just made these. Oh my they are good! Thanks!