Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sock Cupcakes For Mom

Mother's Day is creeping upon us!

All of my Mothers will be getting sock cupcakes!

Oh so simple to put together and something they will use. I found these baking cup-like cups at Hobby Lobby for under a dollar each. I had three mothers to make for so I bought a 8 pack of socks at Target. I had to keep in mind who the socks were for so I bought solid colors I knew they would actually wear. Otherwise I would have went for the zebra knee socks.


Roll the first pair starting at the toe. Then add your second pair to the roll.

Tie with a ribbon to hold things in place.

Once placed in the cup you can mess with it to make it more cupcake like. I folded in the heel portion and fluffed until I was happy.

Every cupcake should have a cherry on the top! I printed Happy Mother's Day on red card stock. Cut out cherry shapes, 2 for front(the printed side) and back. I hot glued a piece of leather cord and a toothpick between the two cherry shapes. Done, a Happy Mother's Day cherry on top.

These sock sock cupcakes will be shipped to all the Mamas. This is what they will get when they open their boxes.

Please take a look at my linky party page for a great list of places to share. I'll also be linking to Today's Creative Blog, and Sassy Sites Mother's day linky.

Share

10 comments:

Michelle said...

So cute!!

Crystal (theweekendhomemaker.com) said...

Another brilliant idea!

the cape on the corner said...

such a cute and different idea!

Marilyn said...

Awesome tutorial, linked up with you via blog hop at Rhinestone Beagle. Officially following you - loving your posts.. Off to indulge in more.. Hope you can stop by sometime.. TY - Marilyn from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com

Jenn Erickson said...

Jo, this is absolutely one of the cutest, most clever and creative Mothers' Day gift ideas ever! I'm so glad I saw your link-up at Yesterday on Tuesday!!

Best,
Jenn

Sassy Sites! said...

SO CUTE!! I would love for you to link up this Mother's Day gift idea over at Sassy Sites! We are rounding up ALL the great ideas!! xoxo!

Marni @ Sassy Sites!

Lisalulu said...

best.idea.ever.

Mary said...

what a realy great idea!

Lisa@Flour Me With Love said...

That is a clever idea and oh so cute :)

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Super cute idea!