Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Baked Oatmeal

My grandma taught me to love oatmeal a looooong time ago.  

Baked Oatmeal

3 cups oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup apple sauce
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl mix together oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.  Add in milk, eggs, butter, apple sauce, and vanilla.  Stir together well.  Spread into a greased(Pam) 9x13" baking dish.

Bake for 40 minutes.


Serve with fresh whipped cream and fruit.

Can you see the reflection of my helpers in the spoon?!
Fresh berries would have been super yummy here but bananas will do. 

These are a great snack later in the day minus the whipped cream and fruit.  I grab a square and munch away.

I'll be sharing my Baked Oatmeal with some of these awesome blogs.
Share

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

oh, that looks DELICIOUS!

Laina {Vibrant Serenity} said...

OMG! That looks awesome! Gonna have to make me some!

Erin said...

we make baked oatmeal all the time! i will have to give this one a try. i am stopping by from sweet tooth friday.
erin
http://eatingmywayback.blogspot.com

Sweet Floweret said...

Yum to the o.
Thanks for sharing.
Tina
www.sweetfloweret.com

Emily @ RemarkableHome said...

Oh this sounds soooo yummy! I am going to have to try it! Thanks!

VYang - an eczema blog said...

I've been looking for a good baked oatmeal recipe all month! Thanks for posting this!