Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Best Dad

While browsing my favorite time waster, Pinterest, I came across this idea for Father's Day.

Here is our spin.........

Poster board that we cut down to 8"x10".

Hand prints from each kidlet with black and orange ink.

Black foamy letter stickers that I put on with the help of my trusty ruler. I could not trust my eye ball to get those letters in a straight line. Not this time.

One cheap frame with a plain old white mat. A little spray paint will fix that. Now we have a good looking orange mat.


Put it all together and it looks like a million bucks for less than twenty. Oh, and we threw in some sparkly glitter. If you look close you can see it and a reflection of the jeans and t-shirt I was wearing today!

I'll be sharing with these radical blogs.
Share

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Stealing, I mean, borrowing for my hubby!
Jen

Lori said...

Super Idea! I may borrow this too!
TFS!

Johnnie said...

Great Father's Day idea. Hi. I am a new follower. Stopping by to invite you to join Thrifty Thursday, because your blog is adorable. Have a wonderful day. Blessings!

Bliss Images and Beyond said...

This is adorable! I am actually bookmarking this to use as a teacher appreciation gift next school year. Hopefully I remember to look for it in a year. :) New follower from Bliss Images and Beyond...stop by!

Lori @ Beneath the Rowan Tree said...

Again, a great idea (you amaze me, great work!)
Would you share it?
http://beneaththerowantree.blogspot.com/2011/06/playdate-link-party-everyone-welcome.html


Cheers,
Lori

Kate @ craftwhatever said...

Love this! I helped my kids make a handprint canvas for mother's day but had such a hard time finding a quote to put on it. Yours is perfect! Now I can make a father's day one, too.

LrSchwtz said...

What a sweet gift! I just love little people hand prints! Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

How adorable, I love the multicolored handprints! Thanks for sharing at A Crafty Soiree, I've featured this on the new one up on Thursday!

Ginger said...

Such a cute idea! I love the "hands down"! I featured you this week on my linky laundry list - http://literallyinspired.blogspot.com/2011/06/linky-laundry-list-5.html

Analog Girl said...

I love your take on the handprint gift. What a treasure! I am linking to your post on my blog http://analoglovesdigital.blogspot.com/2011/06/20-fabulous-fathers-day-gift-ideas.html

Green Door Girl said...

super cute - I shared on my FB page tonight! :) Willow House with Green Door Designs