Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lemony Lemon Popsicles

These cool lemon treats are my favorite so far.


Lemon Buttermilk Popsicles
via Epicurious.com

1 2/3 cups buttermilk
3/4 cup sugar
5 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 Tablespoons lemon zest
pinch of salt

Whisk together, pour into molds, freeze, and prepare for the delight these bring.

The layered version has a berry layer.

1/2 cup berries(I used frozen strawberry and blueberries)
4 Tablespoons of the lemon buttermilk mixture.
Blend together, layer, freeze.

These really pack a lemon punch and you would never know they were made of buttermilk. The buttermilk makes for a creamy bite-able popsicle. Just my kind.

This recipe is a keeper.

We will be making more of these. I wish I had one right now.


If you have an awesome popsicle to share click on the One Cool Summer there and link up! I'd love to see it.

I'll be sharing this popsicle of the week with these superb blogs and Mom Trends Friday Food



Share

14 comments:

NJ said...

Awesome! I will definitely be trying these!

Funkytime said...

yummi!!!!!

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

yum!!!

Carolyn said...

Wow. Those look so good and refreshing.I would love for you to share this project at my linky party.
http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/06/inspiration-board-link-party_14.html

Thanks for sharing your project.

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

Oh, these are so pretty! I bet they are wonderful on a hot summer day.

I hope you'll stop by and share your recipe with Sweet Tooth Friday. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/06/16/midnight-craving-cupcakes/

sugarswings said...

these look awesome!

Lowri said...

These look FABULOUS as well as delicious! Will definitely be trying these in the summer.
Lowri

Haniela said...

Love these!

Kim McCallie said...

These look delicious! My kids and I would love them. I've been thinking about buying some popsicle molds but this proves that you don't need a mold to make gorgeous pops!

I'd like to invite you to share your recipe on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage.com said...

Sounds amazing!

Tiffany said...

Oh, these look so very good! I'm going to make these tomorrow for myself. =D I'm linking to you from my Summer Kick Off Tutorial Round Up!

Jerri said...

These look wonderful! I just added this to my pinterest page and tweeted it for you!

simplydesigning.blogspot.com said...

Oh man these look delish!! And I LOVE lemon!!!

I host a weekly Friday link party, I would love you to join if you are interested!

Also, I am giving away a babycakes Cake Pop maker right now and would love for you to come and enter my giveaway! http://simplydesigning.blogspot.com/2011/06/babycakes-cake-pop-maker-giveaway.html

Thanks and have a fabulous Friday!

~Ashley
www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

Heather said...

These look yummy! I just got a popsicle mold the other day. :)