Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Paper Tube Rockets

Summer is in full swing.
We are working our way through our Summer Bucket List.   I'm already hearing mumblings of  "I'm bored." and "There's nothing to do." and my all time favorite "It's to hot to go outside.".

This should keep them entertained for a few minutes.  

We covered toilet paper tubes with craft paper, added a cone, some ribbon, and sparkles. 

See how both the cones are crushed in, flight practice.

We cut strips of scrap book paper for the tubes.  I added dabs of hot glue while they rolled it onto the tube.

To make a cone.  Cut a large circle, make a cut to the center of the circle, twist around until you reach the desired cone shape, a dot of hot glue will hold it in place. I ran a bead of hot glue around the top of the tube, they added the cone.

A few strips of ribbon and sparkles and you have yourself a rocket.

Look at that face.  That is the:  We are no longer doing what I want to do face/stop taking photos face.

For more flying fun we printed off cool paper airplane templates, folded, and threw them all over the house.

I will be sharing our rockets with these radical blogs.
Share

15 comments:

Tatjana said...

This is super idea!Looks amazing!My son will like it,no doubt!

Danielle said...

My kids would love this - we need to make these!

Chad and Mary Beth @ Nothing But Country said...

Love these paper tube rockets!!!


Would love to invite you to join our party at - Nothing But Country Hope to see you there. :)

--Mary Beth @ Nothing But Country

Regina said...

What a great project. I know that the Chazman will LOVE this one. We save our toilet tissue holders and well I think it's time to use a few..LOL!!

Lori @ Beneath the Rowan Tree said...

Another winner!

Would you like to share this at our link party?
http://beneaththerowantree.blogspot.com/2011/06/playdate-link-party-in-summer-13.html

Cheers,
Lori
Come & Play:: Playdate
www.beneaththerowantree.com

The Outlaw Mom said...

I totally know the stop taking pictures face! That's why I end up with incomplete blog entries missing the final decorated photos many times! Love this idea. Will try this with my little one. Thanks for sharing :-)

Tanya @ Greetings From the Asylum said...

I don't get a "stop taking pictures face," I get the "don't even start taking pictures face!" :) Thanks for sharing this cute project!

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

very cute idea! Thanks for sharing

Tanya said...

Ha ha at flight practice! Great craft idea!

Tanya (visiting via Beneath the Rowan Tree)

Amanda said...

These are adorable, love the papers you chose too!

Danielle said...

I wanted to let you know that I featured this fun project in my "What I Bookmarked This Week" post - stop by and see!

Stephanie Wadas said...

Totally cute idea!! I love fun crafts for kids that reuse material from around the house. Thanks for the cute idea :)

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

I just love these!

I am having a Red, White and Blue Linky Party that I'd love for you to join in on by adding your link!
http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2011/07/red-white-and-blue-linky-party.html

Scrappy Gifts said...

What a fun project to do with the kids. They look fabulous! Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays! Featuring this today.

Kavitha Ravishankar said...

I will try this today itself. My son would love to do this