Friday, June 10, 2011

Road Trip Helper

We don't do movies in the car.  Not because I'm a big fat meanie, well not all the time.  My kids get their fair share of TV as it is.  I try to come up with other ways to pass the time while on road trips with the kids. 

One clipboard with storage.

Throw in a few of these.
Small washable markers fit well in the storage of the clipboard.
A few of these. 
No sharpener needed.

A hand full of these for the readers in the bunch.

Printable word searches.  These work well for both readers and beginning readers.  As long as they can recognize letters they can do this! 

Add a hand full of blank sheets of paper and stickers to the mix.

Look at the excitement on that face and we haven't even left the garage yet.

That should last for at least 15 minutes!


Laina {Vibrant Serenity} said...

That's such a great idea! Thanks, for sharing. :)

Jen @ Domesticated Nomad said...

I never thought to use those kind of clipboards - that's a great idea. I have to say, we do movies for long trips because it's a life saver (especially for the little guy who can't read), but I always bring this type stuff and it's just never organized. I am going to the store this weekend and buying these clipboards and getting ready for our trip. Thanks for sharing this. :)

Ladybird Ln said...

What a fun idea! We do not do movies in the car either! I want them to enjoy the scenery! Thanks for my feature at your party!


Amy said...

What a great idea! We don't do movies in the car either. For our last trip I just found some flat boxes and filled them with "busy work" pens & crayons, car Bingo and stuff!