Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Root Beer Cupcakes

What feels more summer than a tall frosty glass of foamy root beer?  Root beer is quite the American treat, dating back to the 1870s.

When I came across this recipe for Root Beer Cupcakes I had to give it a shot.  Here is where I took a turn.....

Rather than use the frosting with the recipe, I made root beer fluff.

1 cup root beer
1 3.3oz. package of vanilla pudding
1 8oz. container Cool Whip

Beat the root beer and pudding together until firm.  Fold in Cool Whip.  Done!
I wasn't sure this was going to work but it did and it's pretty tasty.  I love the direction it could take too.  Coke fluff, Dr. Pepper Fluff, and on and on!

I took photos this morning and then I had to eat it for breakfast with a large cup of coffee.  Oh, the blogging sacrifices I make.

I'll be sharing this yummy fluff HERE.
Share

12 comments:

ropcorn said...

Root beer cupcakes, wow! What a cool idea! I have only tasted root beer once in my life, when I was in the US. So this would be a fun recipe to try one day. :p

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

Oh gosh! my Princess would love these! She is a rootbeer-aholic!
I am pinning these right NOW! Thank you for the awesome recipe!

Natural Momma said...

OH MY GOSH- I need these.

Cindy said...

I absolutely am going to try this! Thanks so much for sharing and posting a link to the cupcake recipe! This is great!

Jessa Smith said...

Just pinned this - I have to try this! Sounds delicious!!

~Jessa
www.jessajill.blogspot.com

Tricia White said...

Thank you so much for linking to our rootbeer cupcakes. We truly appreciate your support.

Screaming Sardine said...

Oh yes yes yes!! I love recipes like this and often do things similar. I haven't tried this yet. Yum!

I'd love for you to link this and any other cupcake related post you have at the month long Cupcake Link Party!

Cheers,
Tracy

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy said...

Seriously?? I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-link-up-2.html. I hope to see you soon!
~Macy from Confessions of a SAHM

Jenn said...

I've been wondering how peanut butter cupcakes and frosting would taste? Your Rootbeer Fluff sounds pretty darn good!

ladybehindthecurtain.com said...

What a yummy looking cupcake! I would love it if you came over to my party "Cast Party Wednesday" tomorrow and shared some of your recipes with us.
Thanks,
I hope to see you there!

Lori said...

Wow this is a keeper recipe, how yummy. Do you have to keep the cupcakes refridgerated?

Carolyn said...

I think adding the coke to the recipe will be a hit for my family. Sounds really nice. Thanks for posting.