Monday, July 11, 2011

How About a Biscuit?

I'm a biscuit lover from way back.

These Butter Dips are no exception.  I had this recipe "pinned" and I'm so glad I did. 

Butter Dips

1/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk

1.  Preheat oven to 450 degrees

2.  Melt the 1/4 cup better in a square baking dish.  Mine is 8x8, the original recipe calls for a 9x9.

3.  While the butter is melting mix the dry ingredients together.  Add in milk and stir together to form a wet dough.

4.  Turn that dough onto a floured surface.  I knead it a few times to reduce the sticky.  Form into a strip of biscuit dough goodness.

Like this.
Don't forget your melting butter in the oven.  Take it out when completely melted.

5.  With a knife dipped in flour cut strips.  About 12, give or take a few.

6.  Dip your strips in the melted butter, coating both sides, place in dish side by side.

Bake for 15-18 minutes. 

This is how I eat mine.  Drizzled with honey no additional butter needed.  Oh so yummy.

I fully plan on playing with this recipe.  Add cheese and garlic for a dinner time biscuit.  Add more sugar and some cinnamon for a sweet treat.  

Here is the original recipe via Betty Crocker. 
I will be sharing my biscuits HERE.



Michelle said...

Yum! That looks so delicious!

Kelli @ RTSM said...

Those sounds so good! Added garlic and cheese is an awesome idea too!

sheryl said...

This looks so good. I would love it if you came over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow and shared some of your recipes with us.
I hope to see you there!

SmileMonsters said...

@ Sheryl, I'd love to share. Send me a link!


Terri said...

Oh yum, yum, yum!! I love a good biscuit, so I'll have to give this a try.

I'm really enjoying your blog!!

sheryl said...

Thank you for sharing your recipe with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you will come back tomorrow and share more of your recipes.
I hope to see you there!