I'm a biscuit lover from way back.
These Butter Dips are no exception. I had this recipe "pinned" and I'm so glad I did.
1/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Melt the 1/4 cup better in a square baking dish. Mine is 8x8, the original recipe calls for a 9x9.
3. While the butter is melting mix the dry ingredients together. Add in milk and stir together to form a wet dough.
4. Turn that dough onto a floured surface. I knead it a few times to reduce the sticky. Form into a strip of biscuit dough goodness.
Don't forget your melting butter in the oven. Take it out when completely melted.
5. With a knife dipped in flour cut strips. About 12, give or take a few.
6. Dip your strips in the melted butter, coating both sides, place in dish side by side.
Bake for 15-18 minutes.
This is how I eat mine. Drizzled with honey no additional butter needed. Oh so yummy.
I fully plan on playing with this recipe. Add cheese and garlic for a dinner time biscuit. Add more sugar and some cinnamon for a sweet treat.